Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fickle as a Pickle


So I've been working away on the advice literature for women in public space for a couple of weeks now. I collected most of it this fall, then played with it for a few weeks in January, and now I've been back at it in order to prepare a presentation for a Women's Studies conference this weekend.


The problem is that I am suddenly feeling very over it. I've read it all multiple times, I've sifted, noted, and categorized (and posted some funny bits on my other blog). I've drawn some conclusions, figured out where it fits (at least roughly) in the bigger scheme of my research, and now I'd like to move on.


The problem with this, of course, is that the presentation for Saturday is not yet done. I still need to pull and arrange evidence for the last section, I still need to figure out how I'm going to start the whole thing (was thinking of reading from Sister Carrie, but now I'm not so sure), and I still need to write up that pithy conclusion that will bring it all together and convince my audience that I am brilliant. But I'm having trouble mustering the energy. Not being a perfectionist, I am too often content to figure out the broad strokes and then move on to the next topic. I guess I like the hunt better than the kill...


Sigh.


Okay, I know, cowboy up and get to work. Yes, yes... watch my speed.

No comments: