Wednesday, March 26, 2008

5 Days

Every day for the past five days, I've gotten an afternoon headache. Fortunately, a nap and/or drugs take it away by evening, but the pattern is wearing on me. And the timing sucks because it leaves me grumpy at the point during the day when kids need attention and everyone around here is running low on good humor.

All of this is amplified by my thought that something needs to change/happen in or around my life. I'm unsettled. I want... well, if only I knew.

And then there is the boy's most recent 'habit'... when you ask him to set the table, hang up his coat, wipe the food from his face, etc. he says (with all the indignity he can muster): "Why do I have to do EVERYTHING around here?" Um, yeah. It would be funnier if it weren't so infuriating.

Yep, it is time for something new... people? places? adventures?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

it's time for something new in my life too and i can totally relate to that unsettled feeling.

people and places and adventures, oh my!

may i tag along?