Sunday, February 8, 2009

It Is Time

I'm sitting on the couch, drinking coffee, tying to recover from last night. I didn't stay out too late. I didn't drink too much. All I did was breathe... at the Elbow Room. And that means I was breathing in lots of other people's smoke. Hack. Cough. Cough.

I love live music, but I can't stand it that so much of the local and affordable opportunities for this are tied to the last remaining public spaces where people can smoke. Maybe it is because there are so few other social places to smoke... and then there is the music and the drinking... but ack, I feel like I have to steel myself to go out anymore and friends of mine won't come out at all because of it. And, of course, it is dangerous. None of this is new or news to any of you. But this morning I took some time to write some letters. You can too. The bill has gotten close. The governor supports it. It is time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i could not go to the show cause i knew there would be a huge cloud of second hand death. i hate it. i hate that people think it is perfectly okay to put other people's lungs and lives in danger. unfortunately, the republican run senate in mi will block it...at least i think they will. mfrs