Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Term that Would Not End...

Officially, the Winter 2009 term ended at 5:00pm on Tuesday. Yet I am not done. Sigh. Grumble. I still have journals from two students waiting for me to grade at my office today. I still have two students with substantial amounts of outstanding work that they will have to complete in the coming weeks. I still have forms to fill out for three X's I submitted instead of real grades -- because I couldn't get through the forest of late papers submitted less than 24 hours before the final grade deadline. Then there are more forms for the two Incompletes. Finally, I opened my work e-mail this morning to find a couple of to-be-expected requests to clarify grade details and comments. Those are fine, but the real kicker was the e-mail from the student (more than a full day after the official end of the term) asking if he could please have a D so that he could pass the class... a class he has not attended or turned in any work for since -- wait for it -- February. Well, at least that last one is easy. Now off to campus I go to do the real work that remains.

2 comments:

biscodo said...

"the e-mail from the student (more than a full day after the official end of the term) asking if he could please have a D so that he could pass the class... a class he has not attended or turned in any work for since -- wait for it -- February."Hunh. I don't think anyone in their right mind would have any problem with you giving a one word response: No.

Ok, maybe 6 words:

"Dear ____:

No.

Sincerely,
Professor Zoe"

Dee said...

No would be so......final. Wouldn't it be more fun to toy with them a little?